Friday, November 18, 2011

Do I truly Listen?

As I grow in my relationship with my Heavenly Father, I want to hear him speak and show me things more than I want to speak or share with him. I have realized that seeing, realizing, and understanding Gods truth about who I am and what is in me, both good and bad is necessary and liberating (the truth will set you free). We as Christ Followers all have things in us that we don't want in us because it hinders and or separates us from the God we love. So we surrender daily, we pray and ask for forgiveness, strength, grace, we worship him, we ask him for direction often. BUT do we take the time and focus to Listen to him....Do we really want to hear him? because if we did wouldn't we stay up, press in, and not stop until we did? or do we put way more effort an time into telling him things he already knows and asking things from him? (not that those are bad)  So we need to listen to God's more than were talking.
        BUT THEN IT HIT ME I do "listen" to the Lord allot...I hear his voice and word through other people, the bible, His Spirit, But do I always have the intention of obeying? The Hebrew meaning of the word "LISTENING" means to hear with the intent of obeying. I so often ask and listen and never truly intend and commit to obey. Sure I obey God allot of the time...but do I listen to him with the intent to obey no matter what? So I was challenged with this, this week so for anyone that might be reading this I challenge you: Do you talk to the Lord? do you Listen to him? and do you really listen with the intent of obeying. WE might have the DESIRE to listen, BUT OUR DESIRE TO OBEY MUST BE EVEN GREATER!
 BE BLESSED - the creator of all loves you!

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment