Saturday, February 5, 2011

a poem

When we do altars of worship on Friday nights we worship and worship and God shows up, sometimes in big ways sometimes in quiet ways, sometimes his presence just lingers for hours and we can't help but to just sit there in his presence.  I believe that its his presence that awakens in us our giftings and our inner most self can be truly expressed.  When his presence has taken you over you can't help but to be expressive.  For me my mind is constantly moving, thinking, processing diagnosing, and just absorbing information.  Its not until I am in the presence of God that my mind is at rest and that is when he can move in and through us.

Sometimes he gives me a revelation (heavy reavy) lol, sometimes he gives me a picture, or a musical idea or sound.  But sometimes he is quiet, and he is waiting for me to give something to him.  Its in these moments when a burst of whats really in my heart comes out and I have to be quick to write it down before its gone.  So I usually grab my phone and write down these little notes, sometimes a sentence sometimes a whole verse or page of text. 

So here is a poem I wrote about a year ago.  I have not shared this with anyone until now and I feel like it has become my anthem and my approach to the band and my idea of worship. 

"We are a hungry generation,
hungry for you.
Crying out with everything,
crying out for you.
A thirsty generation,
thirsting for you.
For your presence is sweet,
so sweet.
I want to be in your presence,
I want to be with you,
I long for your touch.
Touch this generation"

No comments:

Post a Comment