Friday, January 21, 2011

Is this whole "Christian" thing about me? or God?

      I have recently noticed how much I live for me, how much the church lives for themselves, and how allot of peoples summary of "Christianity" is what God did for ME and how much he loves ME. I realized how much I love God's constant gift of grace to me, I look at the body of professing Christ followers (the church) today and see most emphasis on God's grace (and love) towards us. Your Probably asking well, whats wrong with that?

"We live in a culture that has the dangerous tendency to disconnect the grace of God from the Glory of God." Our hearts resonate with the idea of enjoying God's grace. We bask in sermons, conferences, books, and songs that exalt a grace centering on us. And why the wonder of this grace is worthy of our attention if that grace is disconnected from it's purpose the sad result is a self-centered Christianity that bypasses the HEART OF GOD."

I recently read this book (Radical) and helped me see that most church people if asked what was the basic concept of church today would say God loves me or God died for me and my sins. You see the subject is me, not God. You see now when we look for a church or a new church to go to we ask.. well what music best fits ME....What programs best cater to ME an MY family....what job would make ME most happy.....what car do I want....how can I grow MY church...what should I wear//ext.. This is the version of Christianity the church is quickly becoming. That is not at all what Christianity is according to the Bible.

Christianity according to the Bible is about excepting that non deserving grace so that we can make his name, ways, salvation and his glory known to every and all peoples.
It is very simple, you know if you are a true follower of Christ if your life would be completley different without time with him an his word. You know you are a true follower of Christ if you give him your FIRST and give him your absolute ALL. God says this over and over in his word seek him first and all things, his ways will be given to you.

All that to say, what I just realized recently is that if my life, isnt daily lived for the one purpose of bringing glory to his name, If I am not currently and do not plan on forever giving him my FIRST and my ALL, am I really a Christian? or am I "MY" own version of a christian that "I" created?

--Very few will find the path to him and his kingdom
--Many will find and are on the wide road to eternal destruction
--Many are and will be fooled
------------God says if he is not your FIRST and your ALL you are luke warm, and he will Spit you out, onto the wide road to destruction. Dont be fooled! live for his glory by his grace! not for you through his grace!

God bless you all!
Kyle

2 comments: